Though it might be a sensitive issue to profile suburbs based on its ethnicity, Australian
agree that certain Ethnic groups prefer to populate certain Melbourne suburbs.
Usually, ethnic groups are associated with the suburb in which they first settled in.
Melbourne suburbs profile is an attempt to profile certain suburbs in Melbourne based on its
ethnicity. This should help many new immigrants to Melbourne who prefer to live near their
friend, shops that sell their usual food and schools that understands their cultures. Many
public schools for instance ensure that Muslim students are not offered pork containing
food. Check the Muslims in Melbourne page here.
This is what makes Australia in general and Melbourne in specific the best place to live in;
harmony and tolerance. Most ethnic groups prefer to live where their people of their religion
or ethnic background live in. Check our Religion in Melbourne page here.
• Italian - (Carlton/Brunswick)
• Macedonian - (Thomastown)/(St Albans)
• Indian - (south eastern suburbs such as Hampton Park and Narre Warren, north
western suburbs, south western suburbs)
• Greek - (Oakleigh, Northcote and Hughesdale, interspersed in northern and eastern
• Sri Lankans - (Dandenong, Endeavour Hills, Lynbrook, Hallam, South eastern suburbs,
north western suburbs)
• Vietnamese - (Richmond, Springvale, Footscray, northwestern and south eastern
• Jewish - (North Caulfield, Caulfield, St. Kilda East, southeastern suburbs)
• Middle Eastern - (northern and southwestern suburbs)
• Maltese - (Sunshine)
• Bosnian, Serb and Croat - (St Albans)/(Springvale)
• Filipino - (Hoppers Crossing)
• Turkish - (Broadmeadows)
• Lebanese - (Coburg)
• Russian - (Carnegie)
• Spanish - (Fitzroy)
• North African - (Flemington)
• Sub-Saharan African - (Noble Park).
Sydney is a natural alternative to Melbourne. Check living in Sydney Australia here.
Check this ranking of Melbourne best suburbs as introduced by ninmsn.
Return to living-in-melbourne.com from where to Melbourne suburbs profile page.
Melbourne suburbs profile